As postgraduates ourselves, we understand the importance of establishing strong support networks to help us on our transition from postgraduate life to our career. While we offer a jam-packed schedule of events each trimester, we understand sometimes the most beneficial events are Industry networking events . Therefore, we want to help make your industry networking event for fellow postgraduates a reality. We are extremely excited to be able to offer up to $600.00 in funding to support group initiated industry networking events currently GUGC and GCAP enrolled postgraduates!
Terms & Conditions
- All applicants must be currently enrolled postgraduate students (coursework or HDR) of Griffith University on the Gold Coast campus, and must be a registered GCAP member.
- Only groups can apply and must include a minimum of three (3) members from the GCAP postgrad community. A group bank account/club account is required for the deposit of funds. Alternatively, GCAP may request to pay a direct invoice (i.e. to the event venue).
- The Group must demonstrate how the funds will support their event and benefit the GC postgraduate community.
- An overview of the event including venue, budget and number of expected GC postgraduates attending must be provided.
- Applications can be submitted during the teaching trimester only (weeks one to twelve).
- Applications are limited to the online form below, an attached & an attached event overview including of the event budget.
- Applications will be independently considered by the GCAP Funding Committee and approved by the GCAP Board.
- The GCAP Funding Committee and Board reserves the right to request further information from applicants as and if required. Successful applicants may be invited to an informal interview to discuss the application in greater detail and/or receipts may be requested prior to funding being confirmed or paid.
- Not all applicants can and will receive funding. All other funding applications will be taken into consideration, including funding applications submitted to the Student Guild.
- A maximum of $600.00 in total will be provided to each successful group each trimester. Applications for smaller amounts will be accepted, and a group can apply for lesser amounts periodically amounting to a total of $600.00 per trimester.
- No funding will be paid prior to census date and confirmation of student enrolment as a postgraduate on the GC Campus.
- GCAP reserves the right to grant a lesser amount than requested.
- Groups approved funding, are required to provide a short written blog and photo of their event within two weeks of the completion of their event.